Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Meehoo with an Exactlywatt by Shel Silverstein

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Me!
Me who?

That's right!
What's right?
Meehoo!
That's what I want to know!

What's what you want to know?
Me, WHO?
Yes, exactly!
Exactly what?
Yes, I have an Exactlywatt on a chain!

Exactly what on a chain?
Yes!
Yes what?
No, Exactlywatt!

That's what I want to know!
I told you - Exactlywatt!
Exactly WHAT?
Yes!
Yes what?

Yes, it's with me!
What's with you?
Exactlywatt - that's what's with me.
Me who?
Yes!

GO AWAY!

Knock knock...

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the old Abbott and Costello routine of "Who's on First?" I used to watch that routine with my dad when I was a kid. Fun, fun poem. I liked playing along:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shel Silverstein is one of my favorites. I purchased almost every one of his books for my son while I was pregnant. I only have a few more to get but I just love reading his work. Happy you liked it. Totally Abbott and Costello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem. Shel Silverstein is an amazing poet. I am reciting this poem with me as the Meehoo and a friend being the person behind the door for my poetry class. I might even take a stuffed thing and put it on a chain behind me! This is a very fun poem.

    ReplyDelete